Last night's Horan & Rose Event, organised by One Direction star Niall Horan and Golf Pro Justin Rose, has raised an incredible £800,000.
£560,000 will go towards the gala dinner partner, Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens, a campaign to help find cures and kinder treatments for children, teens and young adults with cancer. The remainder is split between Irish Autism Action and the Kate & Justin Rose foundation.
The total includes £100,000 raised by the partnership with the European Tour during this week's BMW PGA Championship
The Horan & Rose is a two part charity event to raise awareness and funding for Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens. Hot on the heels of Justin playing in the four day BMW Championship event at Wentworth, the Event began on the evening of Sunday May 29th with a charity fundraising gala dinner.
Organised by Niall and Justin and hosted by Kirsty Gallagher and Gaby Logan at The Grove in Hertfordshire, the event featured food by renowned chef Jamie Oliver and his Fifteen team.
This alongside an incredible live performance by Olly Murs, where Olly was joined on stage for a song by Niall and Justin!
There was also an on stage Q&A with Justin Rose and Ryder Cup winning Captain Paul McGinley.
Special guests attending included John Terry, Kevin Pieterson & Jessica Taylor, James Nesbitt, Denise Van Outen, Vernon Kay, Shane Warne and Matt Dawson.
The Horan & Rose Event continues and concludes today with attendees participating in an exciting pro-am golf event which includes breakfast, lunch and a prize giving.
Niall says: "It was an incredible night. I had a brilliant time, and I'm overwhelmed by how much money we have raised for the charities. Thank you to everyone that has supported the Horan & Rose Event this year. We definitely want to do more!"
Justin adds: "I'm delighted to partner with Niall on such a fantastic event, for a cause that we are both very passionate about. The amount raised was truly amazing and, due to the generosity of everyone who attended the event, we will make a huge impact on Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens, who fund research into finding cures and kinder treatments for children's cancers. Thank you."
About Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens:
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research. It’s also the biggest funder of research into childhood cancers in the UK
· In the UK, around five children (0-14 year-olds) are diagnosed with cancer every day (around 1,700 a year)
· Around 2,300 teens and young adults (15-24 year-olds) are diagnosed with cancer every year in the UK – that’s more than six teens and young adults every day
· Around three-quarters of children (0-14 year-olds) with cancer now survive their disease beyond ten years compared with more than a third in the 1970s
· Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens’ vision is to find cures and kinder treatments for children and young people with cancer
· Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating children’s cancers relies on every pound donated
· Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses
· Money raised through Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens will be ring-fenced to fund research into children’s, teen and young adult cancers (aged 0-24). Donations will help find cures and kinder treatments for children with cancer
For media enquiries contact:
Cancer Research UK: Sam Throssell in the Cancer Research UK press office on 0203 469 8090 or email email@example.com or out of hours on 07050264059
About Irish Austism Action:
Irish Autism Action is a young dynamic, innovative and passionate organisation formed in 2001 which is bringing positive change into the lives of those affected by autism. The range of services which Irish Autism Action provides includes awareness raising, early detection diagnosis, education support, advocacy, counselling, helpline, home based support, transition planning, social housing, research information and advice for families upon receiving diagnosis.
About the Kate & Justin Rose Foundation:
The Kate and Justin Rose Foundation was created with the mission to “inspire children from the inside out, through nutrition, education and experiences.” Its programmes focus on a three pronged approach to improving children’s lives by providing nutritional support, funding education and providing ‘first exposure’ positive life experiences for children. Through nutrition, the Foundation teams up with Blessings in a Backpack to provide weekend nutrition to children who would otherwise go hungry. Through education, the Foundation teams up with Book Trust and provides books for children from low-income families. And through first exposure experiences, the Foundation introduces children to opportunities through field trips and experiences to open their eyes to future possibilities. For more information, please visit our website at www.kjrosefoundation.org.